Abrasion, Laceration, Wound
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Clean the external wound with plenty of good clean drinking water
- Thorough cleansing of the wound with soap and water for five to ten minutes
- Dry the area surrounding the wound gently with dry sterile gauze or freshly laundered handkerchief or dhoti.
- Direct pressure with a clean dressing to stop bleeding
- Cover the wound with sterile gauze if available. Alternately a dry sterile gauze or freshly laundered handkerchief or dhoti may be used.
- Do not let the cotton come into contact with the wound
- The application of a clean dressing and transportation of the patient to the nearest hospital or physician
- Ice should not be applied for longer periods(not more than 20 min and then discontinued for same period)
- Dirty hands of First- Aider
- Dirty dressings
- Contaminated water