EFFECTS & PREVENTION
- Organic dust toxicity syndrome (ODTS), acute and chronic bronchitis, occupational asthma, eye irritation, dermatitis by exposure to organic respirable dusts (hay and grain dust)
- Skin diseases such as fungal infections,allergic reactions and dermatosis
- Parasitic diseases such as schistosomiasis, malaria, ascariasis and hook warm(as they intimate contact with parasites in soil, waste water/sewage, dirty tools and rudimentary housing).
- Animal related diseases such as anthrax, bovine tuberculosis tetanus and rabies
- Respiratory diseases in certain farm workers
- BYSSINOSIS — COTTON CROP FIELD WORKERS
- TOBACOSSIS--TOBACCO FIELD WORKERS
- FARMERS LUNG—HAY OR GRAIN DUST
- BAGASSOSIS—SUGARCANE DUST
- Read and follow safety instructions supplied on product label.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Acquire sufficient skills for operation.
- To prevent mold dust, dry moist materials before storing.
- Periodical medical check-ups of the workers
- Measures for prevention and suppression of dust such as wet process, enclosed apparatus, exhaust ventilation etc., should be used