EFFECTS & PREVENTION
- Psychological stress due to working alone, unexpected events (machinery breakdown), fast paced work and long working hours during planting and harvest, and bad working conditions
- Exposure to inorganic dusts during field work
- Back pain, neck-shoulder disorders and other musculoskeletal problems resulting from bad working postures, repetitive movements and forceful exertion when carrying out various tasks
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Use machinery with closed cabs, air filtration and climate control.
- Acquire sufficient skills for operation
- Do not work alone.
- To prevent mold dust, dry moist materials before storing.
- Physically exercise during breaks. Mechanize heavy phases of work.
- Read and follow safety instructions supplied on product label.