EFFECTS & PREVENTION
- Severe bruising or crushing injuries when handling animals (kicking, butting, crushing, tramped on).
- Slips, trips and falls (on stairs or on the level) while carrying out various tasks
- Mixing and pumping manure may cause workers and animals to be exposed to high concentrations of poisonous gases (hydrogen sulfide (H2S), carbon dioxide (CO2), ammonia (NH3), methane (CH4))
- Construct buildings and develop working methods that will separate the worker from the animal, especially when moving animals
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment (incl. clothing).
- Use slip-resistant footwear. Keep passages clean.
- Ventilate properly. Do not work alone.