- TO drain out water (or other matter) from lungs
- TO give artificial respiration.
- First-aider should act quickly
- Remove seaweeds and mud from the nose and throat
- Turn the victim face down with head to one side and arms stretched beyond his head.
- Infants or children could be help upside down for a short period
- Raise the middle part of the body with your hands round the belly
- Remove wet clothing.
- Cover with blankets, to keep the body warm
- Carry out mouth to mouth artificial respiration
- When victim becomes conscious, give hot drinks viz coffee or tea.
- After doing the above, remove quickly to hospital as an emergency case
- Do not allow him to sit up, even if the victim becomes conscious